ARES, RACES, AuxCom
- Category: Ares
- Published: Monday, 22 March 2021 18:40
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 93
ARES, RACES, AuxCom
The Amateur Radio Emergency Service® (ARES) consists of licensed amateurs who have voluntarily registered their qualifications and equipment, with their local ARES leadership, for communications duty in the public service when disaster strikes.
ARES Membership Requirements
Every licensed amateur, regardless of membership in ARRL or any other local or national organization is eligible to apply for membership in ARES. Training may be required or desired to participate fully in ARES. Please inquire at the local level for specific information. Because ARES is an Amateur Radio program, only licensed radio amateurs are eligible for membership. The possession of emergency-powered equipment is desirable, but is not a requirement for membership.
• You need to be trained. In order to provide support in the event of an emergency—or even in a non-emergency situation—you need to have the proper training and licensing. Learn more about the ARRL Emergency Communications Training course.
• You need to be equipped with sustaining skills. What if when you get to a location, there is no food and the sleeping conditions are undesirable? Before you leave on your assignment, you need to make sure you have coping skills that enable you to be able to do your job operating under the conditions you are assigned to—from hardship conditions to making sure you’re able to work the equipment.
• You need to prepare your family for your absence. When you leave home and head for a disaster area, your family has to be both physically and mentally able to cope. After a disaster, when a volunteer comes home, he or she can be confronted by some mental health issues, for which there are several resources. Many volunteers experience everything from fatigue or exhaustion to depression.
• You need to find ways to volunteer. You would first want to become a member of your local ARES, CERT, RACES or local emergency management organization. Then try the American Red Cross or Web sites like Ready.gov.
ARES NET PREAMBLE & SCHEDULE
The local ARES Net is held each Sunday Evening at 8:30 PM on the Suring repeater 145.470 (-) 114.8 pl. Feel free to join us, and follow along with the Preamble and schedule of Net Control Operators.
Welcome to the Tri-County Cooperative ARES & RACES Net. My name is (your first name), (your call sign) and I will be your net control this evening.
This net meets every Sunday night at 8:30 PM or whenever its services become needed. The primary repeater frequency is 145.470 with a tone access of 114.8. The backup repeater frequency is 147.000 with a tone access of 107.2. This is a directed net which is open to all ARES & RACES Stations in all locations that are within range of this repeater system.
The purpose of this net is to ensure proper understanding between ARES & RACES stations, to share information, and to become better prepared for public service emergency communications.
I will now take a standby for any emergency or priority traffic. Please call (your call sign), your net control station.
(Pause for any emergency or priority traffic)
I will now call all registered Marinette and Menominee County ARES & RACES stations. When called, please check in and list any traffic when doing so. (call each member)
KG9GH (Eric), K8IR (Jim), KD8FUE(Mike) KD80VR (Doug) K1SGW (Calvin)K9STT(Steve)
I will now call all registered Oconto County ARES & RACES stations. When called, please check in and list any traffic when doing so. (call each member)
I will now take a standby for any out of county or late time ARES & RACES stations. Please call (your call sign), your net control station.
(pause for stations)
(Read any announcements or ask for general comments or questions)
Hearing no additional business for the net at this time, I will now close the net and turn the repeater back over to normal amateur use. Thank you for checking into the Tri-County Cooperative ARES & RACES Net. We look forward to hearing from you again next Sunday at 8:30 PM. 73, this is (your call sign).
Schedule of Net Control Operators
ARES AND RACES MEMBERS NEW SCHEDULE 2021
JAN FEB MARCH APRIL MAY JUNE
3-MIKE 7-Cal 7-Doug 4-Larry 2-Jim 6-Eric
10-Eric 14-Larry 4-Jim 11-Mike 9-Steve 13-Doug
17-Doug 21-Mike 21-Steve 18-Eric 16-Cal 20-Jim
24-Jim 28-Eric 28-Cal 25-Doug 23-Larry 27-Steve
JULY AUG SEPT OCT NOV DEC
4-Cal 1-Doug 5-Mike 3-Steve 7-Doug 5-Larry
11-Larry 8-Jim 12-Eric 10-Cal 14-Jim 12-Mike
18-MIKE 15-Steve 19-Doug 17-Larry 21-Steve 19-Eric
25-Eric 22-Cal 26-Jim 24-Mike 28-Cal 26-Doug