Register here for our next VE Testing Session! A new session has been scheduled, and you are welcome to test with us! The FCC imposes a $15 fee to take the test, but there is no charge from the M&M Amateur Radio Club!
Exam sessions are conducted by volunteers working under the direction of the FCC and a Volunteer Exam Coordinator (VEC).
What to Bring to an ARRL Exam Session:
1. One legal photo ID (identification):
a. State Driver’s License
b. Government issued Passport
c. Military or Law Enforcement Officer Photo ID card
d. Student School Photo ID card
e. State Photo ID card
2. If no photo ID is available, two forms of identification:
a. Non-photo State ID card (some states still have them)
b. Birth certificate (must have the appropriate seal)
c. Social security card
d. Employer's wage statement or Minor's work permit
e. School ID card
f. School or Public Library card
g. Utility bill, bank statement or other business correspondence that specifically names the person; or a postmarked envelope addressed to the person at his or her current mailing address as it appears onthe Form 605.
3. Students/minors without a photo ID need to bring only one of the above items if a legal guardian presents their photo ID; otherwise two non-photo IDs are required.
4. Social Security Number (SSN) or your FCC issued Federal Registration Number (FRN); VEC’s are required by the FCC to submit either your SSN or your FRN number with your license application form. If you prefer not to give your SSN at the exam session, then you may register your SSN with the FCC before exam day. Once you have a FCC issued FRN, you may no longer use your SSN on the application. For instructions on how to register your SSN with the FCC and receive a FRN, visit the FCC's FAQ page and the FCC's registration instructions page.
5. If applicable, bring either a photocopy of your current Amateur Radio license or a reference copy printed out from the FCC website, the license information printed from ARRL website or QRZ website, or the original(s) and photocopy(s) of any Certificates of Successful Completion of Examination (CSCE) you may hold from previous exam sessions. If your license has already been issued by FCC, the CSCE showing license credit is not needed. The photocopy(s) will not be returned.
Instructions on how to obtain an official FCC license copy are on
our Obtain License Copy web page.
6. Two number two pencils with erasers and a pen.
7. A calculator with the memory erased and formulas cleared is allowed. You may not bring any written notes or calculations into the exam session. Slide rules and logarithmic tables are acceptable, as long as they're free of notes and formulas. Cell phone must be silenced or turned off during the exam session and the phones' calculator function may not be used. In addition, iPhones, iPads, Androids, smartphones, Blackberry devices and all similar electronic devices with a calculator capability, may NOT be used.
8. Bring a check, a money order or cash to cover the exam session fee($15 for this session).
Check the ARRL VEC’s current exam fees $15.00